JOHNSON CITY, Tenn - Johnson City police department arrested a fugitive from justice for a crime allegedly committed across the border.
According to Johnson City police, 43 year-old Billy Posey Jr., was arrested after receiving 911 calls about an intoxicated man walking in the middle of Veterans Way.
Posey was found wearing no shirt, no shoes, and one sock on, leaning on a vehicle that did not belong to him.
Officers said Posey had three active warrants out of Lee County, Virginia. Two of the warrants are for Manufacture of Methamphetamine and one for Possession of Precursors to Manufacture Methamphetamine.
Posey is being held in the Washington County Detention Center pending a bond hearing on Aug. 25
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next