JOHNSON CITY, Tenn - Johnson City police department arrested a fugitive from justice for a crime allegedly committed across the border.
According to Johnson City police, 43 year-old Billy Posey Jr., was arrested after receiving 911 calls about an intoxicated man walking in the middle of Veterans Way.
Posey was found wearing no shirt, no shoes, and one sock on, leaning on a vehicle that did not belong to him.
Officers said Posey had three active warrants out of Lee County, Virginia. Two of the warrants are for Manufacture of Methamphetamine and one for Possession of Precursors to Manufacture Methamphetamine.
Posey is being held in the Washington County Detention Center pending a bond hearing on Aug. 25
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities