JOHNSON CITY, Tenn - Johnson City police department arrested a fugitive from justice for a crime allegedly committed across the border.
According to Johnson City police, 43 year-old Billy Posey Jr., was arrested after receiving 911 calls about an intoxicated man walking in the middle of Veterans Way.
Posey was found wearing no shirt, no shoes, and one sock on, leaning on a vehicle that did not belong to him.
Officers said Posey had three active warrants out of Lee County, Virginia. Two of the warrants are for Manufacture of Methamphetamine and one for Possession of Precursors to Manufacture Methamphetamine.
Posey is being held in the Washington County Detention Center pending a bond hearing on Aug. 25
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway