It looks like a perfect weekend to get out on our area lakes, but that wasn't the case last season -- it seemed like every weekend it rained.
Marina owners especially are hoping for good weather this year.
Just like farmers who depend on just the right amount of rain, marina and dock owners like Dale Thomas hope for dry weather for maximum lake recreation. "Last year we did have a lot of rain and it caused a lot of work for our marina people," he said. "We had slips and boathouses we had to move up and down as the lake came up from the rain. TVA would take the lakes back down for flood control. So that did have an impact."
Lake levels in the region are still a little bit low. Ssouth Holston is still 10 feet below its typical summer level.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport