The Department of Vehicle Regulation's Special Plate Committee has approved the license plate design "Fighting Lung Cancer" by Big Daddy's Race for Time Inc., a lung cancer foundation.
The license plate is the first approved in Kentucky to focus on lung cancer awareness.
Before the plate can be sent to production in early 2014, 900 license plates must be preordered at a cost of $25 each.
The $25 pre-sell payment covers the specialty plate manufacturing fee and will be credited to the amount the purchaser owes when they pick up their plate at their local county clerk's office.
All proceeds from the "Fighting Lung Cancer" license plate will help continued lung cancer research efforts in Kentucky.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape