The Department of Vehicle Regulation's Special Plate Committee has approved the license plate design "Fighting Lung Cancer" by Big Daddy's Race for Time Inc., a lung cancer foundation.
The license plate is the first approved in Kentucky to focus on lung cancer awareness.
Before the plate can be sent to production in early 2014, 900 license plates must be preordered at a cost of $25 each.
The $25 pre-sell payment covers the specialty plate manufacturing fee and will be credited to the amount the purchaser owes when they pick up their plate at their local county clerk's office.
All proceeds from the "Fighting Lung Cancer" license plate will help continued lung cancer research efforts in Kentucky.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson