Federal mining regulators issued 255 citations during the latest round of monthly impact inspections.
We've learned from The U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration issued ten citations and six orders after an impact inspection at D and C Mining Corporation in Harlan County, Kentucky.
Among the violations, inspectors cited an accumulation of combustible materials and failure to perform a daily calibration test of multi-gas detectors.
These inspections began in 2010 after the Upper Big Branch Mine explosion in West Virginia killed 29 coal miners.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend