Federal mining regulators issued 255 citations during the latest round of monthly impact inspections.
We've learned from The U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration issued ten citations and six orders after an impact inspection at D and C Mining Corporation in Harlan County, Kentucky.
Among the violations, inspectors cited an accumulation of combustible materials and failure to perform a daily calibration test of multi-gas detectors.
These inspections began in 2010 after the Upper Big Branch Mine explosion in West Virginia killed 29 coal miners.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction