Federal mining regulators issued 255 citations during the latest round of monthly impact inspections.
We've learned from The U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration issued ten citations and six orders after an impact inspection at D and C Mining Corporation in Harlan County, Kentucky.
Among the violations, inspectors cited an accumulation of combustible materials and failure to perform a daily calibration test of multi-gas detectors.
These inspections began in 2010 after the Upper Big Branch Mine explosion in West Virginia killed 29 coal miners.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game