Federal mining regulators issued 255 citations during the latest round of monthly impact inspections.
We've learned from The U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration issued ten citations and six orders after an impact inspection at D and C Mining Corporation in Harlan County, Kentucky.
Among the violations, inspectors cited an accumulation of combustible materials and failure to perform a daily calibration test of multi-gas detectors.
These inspections began in 2010 after the Upper Big Branch Mine explosion in West Virginia killed 29 coal miners.
- Updated UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman
- Bond set at $7M for suspect in Ohio house fire that killed 7
- Trump vows to crack down on leaks, slams NATO
- Insurers continue to hike prices, abandon ACA markets
- Woman claiming Sandy Hook was a hoax pleading guilty to threats