Here are some tips to keep your food safe if the power goes out.
Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible. A refrigerator will keep food cold for about 4 hours with the door closed. A full freezer will keep its temperature for about 48 hours
Buy dry or block ice to keep the refrigerator as cold as possible. Fifty pounds of dry ice should keep a fully-stocked refrigerator cold for two days.
Never taste food to determine its safety; when in doubt, throw it out.
- Haslam signs bill reducing costs of wiping criminal records
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday