Here are some tips to keep your food safe if the power goes out.
Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible. A refrigerator will keep food cold for about 4 hours with the door closed. A full freezer will keep its temperature for about 48 hours
Buy dry or block ice to keep the refrigerator as cold as possible. Fifty pounds of dry ice should keep a fully-stocked refrigerator cold for two days.
Never taste food to determine its safety; when in doubt, throw it out.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Drought causes high levels of sodium in Coeburn's drinking water
- Updated Attorney: Alabama mom delivered stillborn baby after snorting heroin
- Kingsport police searching for man accused in deputy-involved hit-and-run