If you've been doing a lot of online shopping you are probably expecting some packages at your front door, but many times thieves target delivery items left at someone's front door.
We checked with the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office and learned there have been several reports of missing packages and they're offering some advice to anyone expecting deliveries. "What we want to encourage people to do is either choose to have a signature upon delivery so that your package can not be dropped off at the door unless you are there, or you can sign up most delivery services offer the option of signing up for text or email notifications once your package is delivered," said public information officer Leslie Earhart.
Another good idea, according to the Better Business Bureau, is to ask the delivery company to leave the purchases somewhere they can't be seen from the street, like a back porch or behind the back door.
- New UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- New Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program
- Report: Synthetic drug dealer from Pound gets 3.5 years in jail
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections