If you've been doing a lot of online shopping you are probably expecting some packages at your front door, but many times thieves target delivery items left at someone's front door.
We checked with the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office and learned there have been several reports of missing packages and they're offering some advice to anyone expecting deliveries. "What we want to encourage people to do is either choose to have a signature upon delivery so that your package can not be dropped off at the door unless you are there, or you can sign up most delivery services offer the option of signing up for text or email notifications once your package is delivered," said public information officer Leslie Earhart.
Another good idea, according to the Better Business Bureau, is to ask the delivery company to leave the purchases somewhere they can't be seen from the street, like a back porch or behind the back door.
- Updated Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital