BRISTOL, Tenn. - The annual Junior League Food Drive is going on this week.
Donations are being collected at Food City stores in the Tri-Cities.
Food will benefit Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee and Feeding America Southwest Virginia. "We haven't had a big food drive since the holidays, so this one is really important. We're asking everyone to come out and get some non-perishable food items to donate," says Kathy Smith, Community Relations Director with Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee.
This is the 24th year of the food drive. In 2013 the group collected more than 20,000 pounds of food.
- Updated Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Updated Tenn. House Clerk accused of rude conduct
- Binge-drinking UMass student nearly dies in Pennsylvania
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation