KNOX COUNTY, Tenn. - A jet-skier is dead after an incident Tuesday evening on Fort Loudoun lake in Knox County.
The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency is looking into what caused 39-year-old Jacob Thompson to end up in the water.
Investigators are calling it a 'launching incident' and say there was some type of distress before he entered the water.
He was taken to the hospital where he later died, but investigators say it does not appear to be electrocution.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University