KNOX COUNTY, Tenn. - A jet-skier is dead after an incident Tuesday evening on Fort Loudoun lake in Knox County.
The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency is looking into what caused 39-year-old Jacob Thompson to end up in the water.
Investigators are calling it a 'launching incident' and say there was some type of distress before he entered the water.
He was taken to the hospital where he later died, but investigators say it does not appear to be electrocution.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction