KNOX COUNTY, Tenn. - A jet-skier is dead after an incident Tuesday evening on Fort Loudoun lake in Knox County.
The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency is looking into what caused 39-year-old Jacob Thompson to end up in the water.
Investigators are calling it a 'launching incident' and say there was some type of distress before he entered the water.
He was taken to the hospital where he later died, but investigators say it does not appear to be electrocution.
- New UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- New Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program
- Report: Synthetic drug dealer from Pound gets 3.5 years in jail
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections