Internet service is about improve for customers of one telecommunications company in the region.
CenturyLink plans to invest more than $6.4 million dollars to improve its network across the region.
Company officials say the investment will provide higher speeds, greater reliability and network diversity for Tennessee, Virginia and North Carolina
The network is expected to be completed by first quarter 2014.
The multimillion dollar investment does not include CenturyLink's annual investment in east Tennessee for fiber and broadband expansion.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator