Internet service is about improve for customers of one telecommunications company in the region.
CenturyLink plans to invest more than $6.4 million dollars to improve its network across the region.
Company officials say the investment will provide higher speeds, greater reliability and network diversity for Tennessee, Virginia and North Carolina
The network is expected to be completed by first quarter 2014.
The multimillion dollar investment does not include CenturyLink's annual investment in east Tennessee for fiber and broadband expansion.
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- New Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy