Internet service is about improve for customers of one telecommunications company in the region.
CenturyLink plans to invest more than $6.4 million dollars to improve its network across the region.
Company officials say the investment will provide higher speeds, greater reliability and network diversity for Tennessee, Virginia and North Carolina
The network is expected to be completed by first quarter 2014.
The multimillion dollar investment does not include CenturyLink's annual investment in east Tennessee for fiber and broadband expansion.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record