Internet service is about improve for customers of one telecommunications company in the region.
CenturyLink plans to invest more than $6.4 million dollars to improve its network across the region.
Company officials say the investment will provide higher speeds, greater reliability and network diversity for Tennessee, Virginia and North Carolina
The network is expected to be completed by first quarter 2014.
The multimillion dollar investment does not include CenturyLink's annual investment in east Tennessee for fiber and broadband expansion.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day