Superstore IKEA is issuing a recall on an item sold for over ten years. The recall is for the "Tassa" wall lamps.
The recall is being issued because children can strangle themselves in the lamps cords. The model was sold in numerous styles shapes and colors and the cord in question is seven to eight feet long.
The lamps were sold for nearly ten years, first being released in 1984.
If you have one of these lamps you need to remove it from your wall until you get a repair kit. You can get a repair kit by visiting ikea-usa.com and clicking the "recall" tab at the top.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin