Many parents buy small, cheap used cars for their teen drivers. Often, they are the most affordable option.
But the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety says many of those cars are just not safe.
Car crashes are the leading cause of death for teenagers in the US, so the institute has come up with a specific list of safer cars for teenagers.
Copyright 2014 NBC News
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend