Many parents buy small, cheap used cars for their teen drivers. Often, they are the most affordable option.
But the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety says many of those cars are just not safe.
Car crashes are the leading cause of death for teenagers in the US, so the institute has come up with a specific list of safer cars for teenagers.
Copyright 2014 NBC News
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport