New research shows the U.S. is on track to achieve a 90-percent high school graduation rate by 2020.
The report found 20 states have reached or are on pace to reach that figure. And, the research showed Tennessee has the highest graduation growth rate.
Virginia is also on track to reach that 90 percent graduation rate.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting