BOONE, N.C. - The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services says there were no mistakes by state employees in the investigation of carbon monoxide deaths in a Boone hotel.
We're told a state agency spokesman said the department's involvement in the investigation was limited to processing specimens in the lab.
Officials took about six weeks to obtain toxicology tests results for a couple who died in a room in the hotel.
State officials say there were not told the information was needed urgently.
- Space Needle owner: Ticket sales going to employees, relief fund
- Dolly Foundation: More than 900 sign up for relief fund assistance
- UPDATE: Jonesborough triple murder suspect pleads guilty, receives life sentence
- Saturday is last day to donate to Food City / BMS Relief Fund for Sevier County
- Coeburn man pleads guilty to multiple burglaries