ABINGDON, Va. - The Southwest Virginia Alliance for Manufacturing, Inc. hosted a "Hiring Our Heroes" event at the Higher Ed Center in Abingdon Thursday.
The purpose was to educate employers on the benefits of hiring veterans and service members.
The event was in preparation for a hiring fair for veterans to take place in early 2014.
The objective of the hiring fair will be to link up these skilled, motivated and disciplined individuals with employers who have openings.
Veterans and service members who wish to come to the hiring fair must go through various classes in order to qualify. These classes include resume building, interview skills and more.
If you are interested in attending the hiring fair as a veteran or an employer, please contact:
Lennie Gail Dunlop/Program Director
The Southwest Virginia Alliance for Manufacturing
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport