ABINGDON, Va. - The Southwest Virginia Alliance for Manufacturing, Inc. hosted a "Hiring Our Heroes" event at the Higher Ed Center in Abingdon Thursday.
The purpose was to educate employers on the benefits of hiring veterans and service members.
The event was in preparation for a hiring fair for veterans to take place in early 2014.
The objective of the hiring fair will be to link up these skilled, motivated and disciplined individuals with employers who have openings.
Veterans and service members who wish to come to the hiring fair must go through various classes in order to qualify. These classes include resume building, interview skills and more.
If you are interested in attending the hiring fair as a veteran or an employer, please contact:
Lennie Gail Dunlop/Program Director
The Southwest Virginia Alliance for Manufacturing
- New Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Updated Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Updated Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone