According to the Associated Press, two arrests have been made following the theft of winning lottery tickets from a Greensboro store.
The News and Record of Greensboro has reported that the arrests are a result of a sting operation from last month.
Police stated that after presenting a winning ticket at a store, 47-year-old Yogesh Jayantibhai Patel noticed the ticket was a winner, but told detectives it was not.
According to the Guilford County Sheriff's Department, Patel and 50-year-old Minaben Yogesh Patel cashed in the ticket the following day.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport