According to the Associated Press, two arrests have been made following the theft of winning lottery tickets from a Greensboro store.
The News and Record of Greensboro has reported that the arrests are a result of a sting operation from last month.
Police stated that after presenting a winning ticket at a store, 47-year-old Yogesh Jayantibhai Patel noticed the ticket was a winner, but told detectives it was not.
According to the Guilford County Sheriff's Department, Patel and 50-year-old Minaben Yogesh Patel cashed in the ticket the following day.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Drought causes high levels of sodium in Coeburn's drinking water
- Updated Attorney: Alabama mom delivered stillborn baby after snorting heroin
- Kingsport police searching for man accused in deputy-involved hit-and-run