According to the Associated Press, two arrests have been made following the theft of winning lottery tickets from a Greensboro store.
The News and Record of Greensboro has reported that the arrests are a result of a sting operation from last month.
Police stated that after presenting a winning ticket at a store, 47-year-old Yogesh Jayantibhai Patel noticed the ticket was a winner, but told detectives it was not.
According to the Guilford County Sheriff's Department, Patel and 50-year-old Minaben Yogesh Patel cashed in the ticket the following day.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record