KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Food City and Wellmont Health Systems have teamed up to help people with diabetes make healthy choices at the grocery store.
Once a month at Food City, there will be diabetes educators and registered dieticians to give free tours throughout the store.
They'll go aisle to aisle, and during the tour the nutritionist will make dietary recommendations, meal ideas and healthy food suggestions. "We're helping to make this transition easy and developing a routine to buy food for health," says Audrey Kessler, a Food City dietitian helping with the program.
The tours will accommodate about ten people.
For more information, call the Diabetes Treatment Centers at 423-224-3575.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape