KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Food City and Wellmont Health Systems have teamed up to help people with diabetes make healthy choices at the grocery store.
Once a month at Food City, there will be diabetes educators and registered dieticians to give free tours throughout the store.
They'll go aisle to aisle, and during the tour the nutritionist will make dietary recommendations, meal ideas and healthy food suggestions. "We're helping to make this transition easy and developing a routine to buy food for health," says Audrey Kessler, a Food City dietitian helping with the program.
The tours will accommodate about ten people.
For more information, call the Diabetes Treatment Centers at 423-224-3575.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting