KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Food City and Wellmont Health Systems have teamed up to help people with diabetes make healthy choices at the grocery store.
Once a month at Food City, there will be diabetes educators and registered dieticians to give free tours throughout the store.
They'll go aisle to aisle, and during the tour the nutritionist will make dietary recommendations, meal ideas and healthy food suggestions. "We're helping to make this transition easy and developing a routine to buy food for health," says Audrey Kessler, a Food City dietitian helping with the program.
The tours will accommodate about ten people.
For more information, call the Diabetes Treatment Centers at 423-224-3575.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon