According to The Associated Press, a Florida truck driver has been indicted by a Knox County grand jury in a crash that injured a Tennessee state trooper severely.
Eric D Lewis has been charged with aggravated assault, reckless driving, reckless endangerment and failure to drive within a single lane.
According to police, Lewis fell asleep at the wheel of a tractor-trailer on Interstate 40/75 on March 14, 2012. The truck crashed into Sgt. Lowell Russell's Highway Patrol cruiser while he was filling out paperwork.
Emergency crews and Lewis were able to Lowell from the burning car. Lewis was driving for FHS Trucking out of Orlando, Florida
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone