According to The Associated Press, a Florida truck driver has been indicted by a Knox County grand jury in a crash that injured a Tennessee state trooper severely.
Eric D Lewis has been charged with aggravated assault, reckless driving, reckless endangerment and failure to drive within a single lane.
According to police, Lewis fell asleep at the wheel of a tractor-trailer on Interstate 40/75 on March 14, 2012. The truck crashed into Sgt. Lowell Russell's Highway Patrol cruiser while he was filling out paperwork.
Emergency crews and Lewis were able to Lowell from the burning car. Lewis was driving for FHS Trucking out of Orlando, Florida
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- Updated Youth leaders in Bristol learn about tolerance
- Updated Grand jury set to hear case of man accused of sexual assault