According to The Associated Press, a Florida truck driver has been indicted by a Knox County grand jury in a crash that injured a Tennessee state trooper severely.
Eric D Lewis has been charged with aggravated assault, reckless driving, reckless endangerment and failure to drive within a single lane.
According to police, Lewis fell asleep at the wheel of a tractor-trailer on Interstate 40/75 on March 14, 2012. The truck crashed into Sgt. Lowell Russell's Highway Patrol cruiser while he was filling out paperwork.
Emergency crews and Lewis were able to Lowell from the burning car. Lewis was driving for FHS Trucking out of Orlando, Florida
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment