According to The Associated Press, a Florida truck driver has been indicted by a Knox County grand jury in a crash that injured a Tennessee state trooper severely.
Eric D Lewis has been charged with aggravated assault, reckless driving, reckless endangerment and failure to drive within a single lane.
According to police, Lewis fell asleep at the wheel of a tractor-trailer on Interstate 40/75 on March 14, 2012. The truck crashed into Sgt. Lowell Russell's Highway Patrol cruiser while he was filling out paperwork.
Emergency crews and Lewis were able to Lowell from the burning car. Lewis was driving for FHS Trucking out of Orlando, Florida
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia