SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - Smyth County Dispatch tells News 5 Saltville has been hit by flash flooding from Sunday afternoon's storms.
Saltville Town Manager T. Michael Taylor asked people to stay away from the downtown area earlier Saturday.
Smyth County Dispatch said the area was shut down to everyone but emergency personnel.
However, as of 8:06 p.m. Sunday, Smyth County tells News 5 access to downtown Saltville has been restored.
Flooding has also been reported in the Abingdon, Chilhowie, Richlands, and Mountain City areas.
Several roads have been closed in Smyth, Tazewell, Russell, Washington (VA), and Johnson Counties.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next