SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - Smyth County Dispatch tells News 5 Saltville has been hit by flash flooding from Sunday afternoon's storms.
Saltville Town Manager T. Michael Taylor asked people to stay away from the downtown area earlier Saturday.
Smyth County Dispatch said the area was shut down to everyone but emergency personnel.
However, as of 8:06 p.m. Sunday, Smyth County tells News 5 access to downtown Saltville has been restored.
Flooding has also been reported in the Abingdon, Chilhowie, Richlands, and Mountain City areas.
Several roads have been closed in Smyth, Tazewell, Russell, Washington (VA), and Johnson Counties.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities