PIKE COUNTY, Ky. - One adult and four children were killed in an early morning fire in Pike County, Kentucky.
Fire crews said the call came in around 2:30 Wednesday morning to the Jonancy community. According to emergency management it's a rural area in the coalfields.
Officials with the with the Pike County Firefighters Association tell us four children, ages 5, 4, 2 years and a six-month-old, along with their father, were killed in the fire.
We are also told a woman, the children's mother, was flown out to a hospital.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial