PIKE COUNTY, Ky. - One adult and four children were killed in an early morning fire in Pike County, Kentucky.
Fire crews said the call came in around 2:30 Wednesday morning to the Jonancy community. According to emergency management it's a rural area in the coalfields.
Officials with the with the Pike County Firefighters Association tell us four children, ages 5, 4, 2 years and a six-month-old, along with their father, were killed in the fire.
We are also told a woman, the children's mother, was flown out to a hospital.
- Updated BREAKING: One person shot, flown to hospital in Washington County, Va.
- Tusculum and Mosheim voters must decide on liquor sales
- Bigger turnout in second year of Push! Film Festival
- Family Justice Center to open in Sullivan County
- Voting on wine sales in retail food stores in two Unicoi County towns