PIKE COUNTY, Ky. - One adult and four children were killed in an early morning fire in Pike County, Kentucky.
Fire crews said the call came in around 2:30 Wednesday morning to the Jonancy community. According to emergency management it's a rural area in the coalfields.
Officials with the with the Pike County Firefighters Association tell us four children, ages 5, 4, 2 years and a six-month-old, along with their father, were killed in the fire.
We are also told a woman, the children's mother, was flown out to a hospital.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations