The Food and Drug Administration is recalling more than 60 million blood glucose test strips because an incorrect reading could lead to dangerous medication errors.
The strips covered by the recall are marketed under brand names Nova Max Blood Glucose Test Strips and Nova Max Plus Glucose Meter Kits. They are sold through stores and websites.
The FDA says the strips are contaminated with a chemical that interferes with readings.
The strips can be returned for replacements for free.
To check if your test strips are included in the recall, visit www.novacares.com/news/nova-max-recall.php . You can also call a company hotline at 1-800-681-7390.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane