The Food and Drug Administration is recalling more than 60 million blood glucose test strips because an incorrect reading could lead to dangerous medication errors.
The strips covered by the recall are marketed under brand names Nova Max Blood Glucose Test Strips and Nova Max Plus Glucose Meter Kits. They are sold through stores and websites.
The FDA says the strips are contaminated with a chemical that interferes with readings.
The strips can be returned for replacements for free.
To check if your test strips are included in the recall, visit www.novacares.com/news/nova-max-recall.php . You can also call a company hotline at 1-800-681-7390.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon