The Food and Drug Administration is recalling more than 60 million blood glucose test strips because an incorrect reading could lead to dangerous medication errors.
The strips covered by the recall are marketed under brand names Nova Max Blood Glucose Test Strips and Nova Max Plus Glucose Meter Kits. They are sold through stores and websites.
The FDA says the strips are contaminated with a chemical that interferes with readings.
The strips can be returned for replacements for free.
To check if your test strips are included in the recall, visit www.novacares.com/news/nova-max-recall.php . You can also call a company hotline at 1-800-681-7390.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death