A North Carolina man has been charged in connection with the abuse and subsequent death of his 11-week-old daughter.
News outlets report Archdale police arrested 23-year-old Shamus Patrick King and charged him with murder Thursday.
Police say medical personnel at Wake Forest Baptist Health contacted them after the baby named Harper was admitted last weekend with injuries consistent with possible child abuse. The child was admitted in critical condition and police on Wednesday confirmed she died.
Investigators believe the baby died following abuse from her father.
King is being held in the Randolph County Detention Facility without bond. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.
Further details haven't been released.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- It's coach #3 for David Crockett as Musket Bowl approaches
- Johnson City girl's message in a bottle makes landfall in Florida
- Toddler killed, mother injured in Greene Co. SUV crash
- Carter county proposal: regulating appearance of public and private property
- NC teen football player in medically induced coma after injury