A Memphis, Tennessee family has discovered the cremation ashes on their mantle are not those of their loved one.
Dinetta Hodges' family was preparing to scatter her ashes and, for the first time, opened the urn. That was when they found a tag identifying the remains as those James Gerald.
Tennessee Crematory said it has documentation that J E Funeral Home picked up Hodges' ashes on Jan. 18, 2010. But her family said the mortuary had them pick up the ashes during the first week in January of that year.
Officials of the funeral home had no comment, beyond saying they were working with Noel to resolve the issue.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital