A Memphis, Tennessee family has discovered the cremation ashes on their mantle are not those of their loved one.
Dinetta Hodges' family was preparing to scatter her ashes and, for the first time, opened the urn. That was when they found a tag identifying the remains as those James Gerald.
Tennessee Crematory said it has documentation that J E Funeral Home picked up Hodges' ashes on Jan. 18, 2010. But her family said the mortuary had them pick up the ashes during the first week in January of that year.
Officials of the funeral home had no comment, beyond saying they were working with Noel to resolve the issue.
- Bristol, Va. city leaders pass final budget; alter staffing level procedure
- UPDATE: Johnson City doctor ordered to pay $1.2M in 2012 anticancer drug case
- Man lucky to be alive after heart stops for nearly 30 minutes
- Settlement between Sullivan County & Sheriff's Office could lead to tax increase
- Washington Co. - JC Animal Shelter in need of cat supplies