A Memphis, Tennessee family has discovered the cremation ashes on their mantle are not those of their loved one.
Dinetta Hodges' family was preparing to scatter her ashes and, for the first time, opened the urn. That was when they found a tag identifying the remains as those James Gerald.
Tennessee Crematory said it has documentation that J E Funeral Home picked up Hodges' ashes on Jan. 18, 2010. But her family said the mortuary had them pick up the ashes during the first week in January of that year.
Officials of the funeral home had no comment, beyond saying they were working with Noel to resolve the issue.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Bristol woman staying positive throughout MS diagnosis
- Greeneville Couple Accused of Trying to Sell A Child on Craigslist
- Indivisible Greene County rally brings out protestors rallying for unity
- Kingsport hosts annual Carousel Fine Craft Show