Two inmates who escaped custody in North Carolina have been caught.
20-year-old Calvin Metcalf and 25-year-old Phillip Metcalf were found and arrested in Gordon County, Georgia, early Wednesday morning.
They were being held in McDowell County on break-in charges. A detective with the Avery County Sheriffs Department was taking the two back to Avery County when investigators say he was overpowered and they escaped.
They are being held in Georgia as fugitives.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests