Two inmates who escaped custody in North Carolina have been caught.
20-year-old Calvin Metcalf and 25-year-old Phillip Metcalf were found and arrested in Gordon County, Georgia, early Wednesday morning.
They were being held in McDowell County on break-in charges. A detective with the Avery County Sheriffs Department was taking the two back to Avery County when investigators say he was overpowered and they escaped.
They are being held in Georgia as fugitives.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend