Two inmates who escaped custody in North Carolina have been caught.
20-year-old Calvin Metcalf and 25-year-old Phillip Metcalf were found and arrested in Gordon County, Georgia, early Wednesday morning.
They were being held in McDowell County on break-in charges. A detective with the Avery County Sheriffs Department was taking the two back to Avery County when investigators say he was overpowered and they escaped.
They are being held in Georgia as fugitives.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape