Two inmates who escaped custody in North Carolina have been caught.
20-year-old Calvin Metcalf and 25-year-old Phillip Metcalf were found and arrested in Gordon County, Georgia, early Wednesday morning.
They were being held in McDowell County on break-in charges. A detective with the Avery County Sheriffs Department was taking the two back to Avery County when investigators say he was overpowered and they escaped.
They are being held in Georgia as fugitives.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway