The U.S. Department of Justice says borrowers misled by a loan program will now have a chance to get some money back.
SunTrust Mortgage has agreed to set up a fund of up to $284 million to compensate borrowers who were duped by its Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP).
The DOJ says the number of homeowners affected is in the thousands.
SunTrust will avoid criminal prosecution as part of the agreement.
- New Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal
- Updated Live to Tell: Dragon crash victim describes ordeal
- New Paralyzed hiker finishes 2,000-plus mile journey
- Updated UPDATE: Carter County rape, incest suspect appears in court
- Updated Barter Theatre announces 2017 lineup