A North Carolina family says it received a quick answer to a prayer to save their baby daughter's life when word of a heart donor came through just moments leaving church.
Melanie and Mike Leitner said that their daughter Ella Kate had a large mass on a heart ventricle and they were told in November that she needed a transplant. The family was attending Sunday services at their church in Mooresville on Jan. 29 when the congregation took a moment to pray over the girl.
The Leitners say they got a call on their way home informing them that a donor match was found for Ella. Melanie Leitner says, "if this wasn't a God moment, I don't know what could be."
Ella recently celebrated her first birthday and doctors say the family is doing great.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bristol Tenn. and Va. police team up to take down armed suspect on State Street
- Get to know your Kingsport Board of Mayor and Alderman candidates
- ETSU's Niswonger VILLAGE is revealed
- Luncheon serves up a dose of women's heart health
- Trial date set for second man charged in killing of Johnson City woman