Congresswoman Virginia Foxx from North Carolina believes the fiscal cliff bill ignores America's debit crisis while growing the size of government.
In a press release she says, "I could not in good conscience vote for a Senate deal that delays savings while expanding spending subsidies and ignoring the real drivers of debt."
Foxx says, "Rather than fixating on Clinton-era tax rates, the President and Senate Democrats would better serve the country working to shrink the federal government to Clinton-era size. Americans' catastrophic national debt demands it. The debt clock is ticking."
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death