Congresswoman Virginia Foxx from North Carolina believes the fiscal cliff bill ignores America's debit crisis while growing the size of government.
In a press release she says, "I could not in good conscience vote for a Senate deal that delays savings while expanding spending subsidies and ignoring the real drivers of debt."
Foxx says, "Rather than fixating on Clinton-era tax rates, the President and Senate Democrats would better serve the country working to shrink the federal government to Clinton-era size. Americans' catastrophic national debt demands it. The debt clock is ticking."
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend