There will be a community prayer vigil Monday night at seven o'clock in Richlands, Virginia.
The Ministerial Association is inviting the community to pray for coal miners and their families.
It's happening at the Coal Miner's Memorial in front of town hall.
The association says they're holding the vigil in response to recent impacts on the coal industry.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone