There will be a community prayer vigil Monday night at seven o'clock in Richlands, Virginia.
The Ministerial Association is inviting the community to pray for coal miners and their families.
It's happening at the Coal Miner's Memorial in front of town hall.
The association says they're holding the vigil in response to recent impacts on the coal industry.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash