BRISTOL, Tenn. - The cold weather has some chimney sweeps working overtime to meet demands.
We caught up with Dan's Chimney Service on a call in Bristol. Owner Dan Perry recommends having your fireplace and chimney cleaned every three to five years.
He says wood stoves need to be checked yearly.
The biggest problem he finds is debris like birds nest and leaves inside chimneys.
Perry says how hot your fire is could depend on the type of wood you burn. Perry says it's important to check the exterior of the chimney to make sure there are no water leaks.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project