BRISTOL, Tenn. - The cold weather has some chimney sweeps working overtime to meet demands.
We caught up with Dan's Chimney Service on a call in Bristol. Owner Dan Perry recommends having your fireplace and chimney cleaned every three to five years.
He says wood stoves need to be checked yearly.
The biggest problem he finds is debris like birds nest and leaves inside chimneys.
Perry says how hot your fire is could depend on the type of wood you burn. Perry says it's important to check the exterior of the chimney to make sure there are no water leaks.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin