BRISTOL, Tenn. - The cold weather has some chimney sweeps working overtime to meet demands.
We caught up with Dan's Chimney Service on a call in Bristol. Owner Dan Perry recommends having your fireplace and chimney cleaned every three to five years.
He says wood stoves need to be checked yearly.
The biggest problem he finds is debris like birds nest and leaves inside chimneys.
Perry says how hot your fire is could depend on the type of wood you burn. Perry says it's important to check the exterior of the chimney to make sure there are no water leaks.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport