BRISTOL, Tenn. - The cold weather has some chimney sweeps working overtime to meet demands.
We caught up with Dan's Chimney Service on a call in Bristol. Owner Dan Perry recommends having your fireplace and chimney cleaned every three to five years.
He says wood stoves need to be checked yearly.
The biggest problem he finds is debris like birds nest and leaves inside chimneys.
Perry says how hot your fire is could depend on the type of wood you burn. Perry says it's important to check the exterior of the chimney to make sure there are no water leaks.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson