SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - In celebration and commemoration of Scott County's 200th birthday, the Scott County Bi-centennial committee is providing the opportunity to win two seats on the 2014 Santa Train.
The Santa Train, which starts in Pikeville Kentucky, and runs through Kingsport, Tennessee, will distribute over 15 tons of gifts on its 110 mile journey.
This is the 72nd trip the Santa Train will take, and is one of the most celebrated Christmas traditions in the area.
In order to win the tickets, all you have to do is attend one of the 20 or more festivals, venues, and attractions listed on www.explorescottcountyva.com.
Pam Cox, director of tourism in Scott County, says this is the first year the general public will have a chance to ride the train, and encourages everyone to enter.
"It's a once in a lifetime experience," said Cox. "The Santa Train is special to the folks in this region and it is something that folks have been doing for generations."
The winner of the tickets will be announced on Nov. 5, at the Board of Supervisors meeting.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone