Food Club brand Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix, sold at Food City stores, is being recalled.
It's a 21.5-ounce package with a best-by date of November 13, 2013. We've learned the packaging does not list walnuts among the ingredients, even though it contains them.
People with an allergy or extreme sensitivity to walnuts run a risk if they consume the product. No illnesses have been reported.
(UPC(hash) 36800-13486). They were distributed in Virginia, Tennessee and Kentucky.
The company advises consumers to return the recalled product to the store or discard it. Consumers with questions can call the company at 618-826-2361, extension 3283 or 3035.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities