It is almost time for NASCAR drivers to start their engines on the world's fastest half mile.
The Irwin Tools night race will take place Aug. 23 and officials say excitement is building.
The operations staff has been putting the finishing touches on the new premium seating on the new edge deck, which will allow fans to get close to the action.
Lynsey Wilson, Bristol Motor Speedway Communications manager, says campers have already arrived, which has increased the pressure on staff to get everything ready for race week.
"They are cleaning our suite level," said Wilson. "They are also painting the track walls, and doing repair work on the railings and anything in those grandstands that need to be taken care of."
BMS officials say camping spots are filling up fast, so if you still want to attend the race, be sure to make reservations as early as possible.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend