It is almost time for NASCAR drivers to start their engines on the world's fastest half mile.
The Irwin Tools night race will take place Aug. 23 and officials say excitement is building.
The operations staff has been putting the finishing touches on the new premium seating on the new edge deck, which will allow fans to get close to the action.
Lynsey Wilson, Bristol Motor Speedway Communications manager, says campers have already arrived, which has increased the pressure on staff to get everything ready for race week.
"They are cleaning our suite level," said Wilson. "They are also painting the track walls, and doing repair work on the railings and anything in those grandstands that need to be taken care of."
BMS officials say camping spots are filling up fast, so if you still want to attend the race, be sure to make reservations as early as possible.
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome