BRISTOL, Tenn./Va. - Working together -- that was the theme today at the Second Annual State of the Cities luncheon.
Bristol, Tennessee Mayor Lea Powers and Bristol, Virginia Mayor Catherine Brillhart spoke to local leaders about working together to help promote development for the two cities.
Both mayors want to grow the economy and bring in new businesses. "We've partnered on so many things already, with the Birthplace of Country Music Museum, with Bristol Rhythm and Roots, with just downtown in general. You'll notice the street lights and banners are similar, we just work very well hand in hand and when projects present themselves we'll consider them and try to partner as often as we can," says Lea Powers, the mayor of Bristol Tennessee.
"We have a lot of projects going on, we had a lot of expansion on businesses downtown, announcements coming up, ribbon cuttings," said Bristol Virginia Mayor, Catherine Brillhart.
Both mayors hope to do more projects together in the future.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane