BRISTOL, Tenn./Va. - Working together -- that was the theme today at the Second Annual State of the Cities luncheon.
Bristol, Tennessee Mayor Lea Powers and Bristol, Virginia Mayor Catherine Brillhart spoke to local leaders about working together to help promote development for the two cities.
Both mayors want to grow the economy and bring in new businesses. "We've partnered on so many things already, with the Birthplace of Country Music Museum, with Bristol Rhythm and Roots, with just downtown in general. You'll notice the street lights and banners are similar, we just work very well hand in hand and when projects present themselves we'll consider them and try to partner as often as we can," says Lea Powers, the mayor of Bristol Tennessee.
"We have a lot of projects going on, we had a lot of expansion on businesses downtown, announcements coming up, ribbon cuttings," said Bristol Virginia Mayor, Catherine Brillhart.
Both mayors hope to do more projects together in the future.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University