ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Traffic may be slowed overnight for the next month on Interstate 26 near Asheville, North Carolina.
News 5 has learned work has begun on the I-26 bridge over I-40 where the two highways intersect with I-240. Crews say the work could close lanes and cause delays.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation says the $3.2 million in repairs will lengthen the life of the bridge.
The work is expected to last about a month, and will be done between 8 p.m. and 6 p.m. The DOT says it may occasionally involve shutting down lanes on all three highways.
- Updated Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson