JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Boys and Girls Clubs from across the region teamed up Friday to play and learn.
This was the first ever Boys & Girls Club Field Day at the Johnson City location. There kids were playing flag football, table tennis, and other games.
Organizers tell us this event was a way to show kids how to better play and work together.
Kids also got to take part in a one-of-a-kind video game competition. "It's not just gaming to totally have fun but to also do some education. It evokes creativity with our kids and eye-hand coordination and they're competing against each other," said Robin Crumley with the Johnson City Boys & Girls Club.
Organizers tell us they plan on doing this event next summer but at another Boys & Girls Club location.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project