JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Boys and Girls Clubs from across the region teamed up Friday to play and learn.
This was the first ever Boys & Girls Club Field Day at the Johnson City location. There kids were playing flag football, table tennis, and other games.
Organizers tell us this event was a way to show kids how to better play and work together.
Kids also got to take part in a one-of-a-kind video game competition. "It's not just gaming to totally have fun but to also do some education. It evokes creativity with our kids and eye-hand coordination and they're competing against each other," said Robin Crumley with the Johnson City Boys & Girls Club.
Organizers tell us they plan on doing this event next summer but at another Boys & Girls Club location.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane