BRISTOL, Va. - Some area Boy Scouts will be spending the next week around a campfire.
Saturday marked the beginning of the 39th annual continuous campfire.
The Boy Scouts set up the fire in Downtown Bristol, right across from the train station and it will continue through February 8th.
"It's just time to reflect on scouting. You always remember what happened in the past and most times there is someone that will come by that has a lot of experience in scouting and different people will stop by and tell us their little stories," says Allan Marshall is the continuous campfire chairman.
Each year the Boy Scouts use ashes from the previous year's fire and retired old American flags.
- New Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Boone Lake dam repairs will mean water level changes
- TVA investigates aquatic life near Boone Lake dam