According to the Associated Press, authorities in Robertson County say firefighters responding to a brush fire near the Kentucky border found the body of a man near the blaze.
WSMV-TV reported police didn't release the man's name. The fire was in the Cross Plains area.
An emergency medical services official said the victim was an older man who lived nearby. It appeared he was overcome by smoke as a small brush fire in his yard burned out of control.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next