According to the Associated Press, authorities in Robertson County say firefighters responding to a brush fire near the Kentucky border found the body of a man near the blaze.
WSMV-TV reported police didn't release the man's name. The fire was in the Cross Plains area.
An emergency medical services official said the victim was an older man who lived nearby. It appeared he was overcome by smoke as a small brush fire in his yard burned out of control.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone