According to the Associated Press, authorities in Robertson County say firefighters responding to a brush fire near the Kentucky border found the body of a man near the blaze.
WSMV-TV reported police didn't release the man's name. The fire was in the Cross Plains area.
An emergency medical services official said the victim was an older man who lived nearby. It appeared he was overcome by smoke as a small brush fire in his yard burned out of control.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial