According to the Associated Press, authorities in Robertson County say firefighters responding to a brush fire near the Kentucky border found the body of a man near the blaze.
WSMV-TV reported police didn't release the man's name. The fire was in the Cross Plains area.
An emergency medical services official said the victim was an older man who lived nearby. It appeared he was overcome by smoke as a small brush fire in his yard burned out of control.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting