According to the Associated Press, authorities in Robertson County say firefighters responding to a brush fire near the Kentucky border found the body of a man near the blaze.
WSMV-TV reported police didn't release the man's name. The fire was in the Cross Plains area.
An emergency medical services official said the victim was an older man who lived nearby. It appeared he was overcome by smoke as a small brush fire in his yard burned out of control.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane