According to the Associated Press, searchers found the body of 26-year-old Corey Matthews in a cornfield off a gravel road near Cowan.
Sgt. Chris Guess with the Franklin County Sheriff's Office said after Matthews' family reported him missing Sunday morning, police decided to search the area around Cowan because Matthews was familiar with it.
Matthews' body was found about 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
Authorities declined to say how Matthews died, but said they were awaiting autopsy results.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash