As many as three lives are saved each time a person donates blood.
Wellmont Health System and Marsh Regional Blood Center are holding blood drives this week.
Marsh Regional has supplied blood to healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. All donations stay local to help people in this region.
These are the locations for the upcoming public blood drives:
· Monday, Feb. 24, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Bonham Road, Bristol, Va.
· Monday, Feb. 24, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Broad Street, Elizabethton
· Tuesday, Feb. 25, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Clinch Valley Medical Center, Richlands, Va.
· Wednesday, Feb. 26, 8 a.m.-noon, Church Hill Health Care and Rehab, Church Hill
· Wednesday, Feb. 26, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Volunteer High School, Church Hill
· Wednesday, Feb. 26, 1-4 p.m., East Tennessee State University at Kingsport, Kingsport
· Wednesday, Feb. 26, 1-5 p.m., Tulsa Dental, Johnson City
· Thursday, Feb. 27, noon-7:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
· Thursday, Feb. 27, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Pennington Gap, Va.
· Friday, Feb. 28, 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
· Friday, Feb. 28, 1-5 p.m., Gray Fossil Site, Gray
· Saturday, March 1, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Julia Davis Collection Center, Kingsport
For more than 65 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and all donations stay local to help people in this region.
Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional's collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport, and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500 or 276-679-4669.