Bristol, Tenn. - Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives in the coming days. In a press release, they say donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
They say as many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood - and an individual's blood donation to Marsh Regional stays local to help people in this region. Marsh Regional supplies blood to 22 healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
Here's a list of the locations:
- Monday, May 13, 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Dobyns-Bennett High School, Kingsport
- Tuesday, May 14, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Clinch Valley Medical Center, Richlands, Va.
- Tuesday, May 14, 4-8 p.m., Universal Fibers, Bristol, Va.
- Wednesday, May 15, 8 a.m.-noon, Tri-Cities Regional Airport, Blountville
- Wednesday, May 15, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Johnson City Medical Center, Johnson City
- Wednesday, May 15, 3-7 p.m., First Christian Church, Johnson City
- Thursday, May 16, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., The Rehabilitation Hospital of Southwest Virginia, Bristol, Va. · - Thursday, May 16, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Coeburn, Va.
- Thursday, May 16, 3-6 p.m., Bristol Tennessee Essential Services, Bristol
- Thursday, May 16, 4-8 p.m., Universal Fibers, Bristol, Va.
- Friday, May 17, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Dickenson County Career Center, Clinchco, Va.
- Friday, May 17, 10 a.m.-noon, Lowe's, Claypool Hill, Va.
- Friday, May 17, 1-4 p.m., Lee Health & Rehab Center, Pennington Gap, Va.
- Friday, May 17, 1:30-5 p.m., Jennmar, Cedar Bluff, Va.
- Sunday, May 19, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Highlands Fellowship, Kingsport
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at any of Marsh Regional's collection centers: 102 E. Ravine Road, Kingsport; 1996 W. State St., Bristol; and 1 Professional Park Blvd., Suite 14, Johnson City. For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-224-5888 or visit www.marshblood.com
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon