TENNESSEE - Blood Assurance in our region is in serious need of donations of the O-negative blood type, and the company is providing incentives to see if they reach their donation needs.
They have re-opened their "6% Club", which is named after the percentage of the population that have the blood type. They are offering keychains, tumblers, umbrellas, and even a ride in the Life Force helicopter that transports the blood across the region.
Blood Assurance is the sole provider of blood in 46 counties throughout Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia, North Carolina, and Alabama.
O-negative is considered the universal donor of blood types and can be received by anyone no matter their own blood type.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin