We've learned Baby Matters LLC of Berwyn, Pennsylvania is recalling its Nap Nanny and Nap Nanny Chill infant recliners.
Over 165,000 baby recliners are being recalled after at least 5 deaths and several reports of children falling out of the seats. They announced the recall as part of a settlement with the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Since 2009, the commission said it received at least 92 incident reports involving the products. The commission said four infants died in Nap Nanny Generation Two recliners, and a fifth died using the Chill model.
Four national retailers agreed to recall more than 150,000 of the recliners last year after the commission said the manufacturer was unable or unwilling to participate. The manufacturer is no longer in business.
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- New Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy