KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Many of you may have itchy eyes, a runny nose, or congestion that could be because allergy season is starting around the Tri-Cities.
Doctor Chailee Madhock says right now we are in a high pollen count because of the hot temperatures and windy conditions.
She tells us right now they are seeing an increase in the number of patents.
One thing Doctor Madhock suggest is staying inside during the day from 10 am until 4 in the afternoon because that's when pollen counts are the highest but if you have to be outside during those hours there are a few things you can do. "Raking your yard or mowing your grass, it's always a good idea to wear a mask and then take a shower right away to wash the pollens off your hair and your clothes," she said.
Madhock tells us during the spring they usually see more cases dealing with pollen, in the summer grass, and in the fall more cases deal with weeds.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway