BRISTOL, Tenn. - Donors were giving blood Wednesday for the 8th annual Patriot Day blood drive with Marsh Regional Blood Center and Wellmont Health System. The event took place at Bristol Motor Speedway.
We're told the goal for this year's drive was 200 donors.
Organizers say each year many people turn out in a way to give back to others.
"The fact that we were all so helpless during that moment that this is something we can give the community and know that someone will truly benefit from this," says Marsh Regional Blood Director Don Campbell.
Organizers say one blood donation can help save the lives of three people.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City