BRISTOL, Tenn. - Donors were giving blood Wednesday for the 8th annual Patriot Day blood drive with Marsh Regional Blood Center and Wellmont Health System. The event took place at Bristol Motor Speedway.
We're told the goal for this year's drive was 200 donors.
Organizers say each year many people turn out in a way to give back to others.
"The fact that we were all so helpless during that moment that this is something we can give the community and know that someone will truly benefit from this," says Marsh Regional Blood Director Don Campbell.
Organizers say one blood donation can help save the lives of three people.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect