BRISTOL, Tenn. - Donors were giving blood Wednesday for the 8th annual Patriot Day blood drive with Marsh Regional Blood Center and Wellmont Health System. The event took place at Bristol Motor Speedway.
We're told the goal for this year's drive was 200 donors.
Organizers say each year many people turn out in a way to give back to others.
"The fact that we were all so helpless during that moment that this is something we can give the community and know that someone will truly benefit from this," says Marsh Regional Blood Director Don Campbell.
Organizers say one blood donation can help save the lives of three people.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment