Cleveland - Justin Masterson pitched a three-hitter for his first complete game this season and the AL Central-leading Cleveland Indians finished a three-game sweep of the Cincinnati Reds with an 8-1 victory Wednesday night.
Masterson (4-6) took a shutout into the eighth before the Reds ended the right-hander's streak of consecutive scoreless innings at 18.
He did not walk a batter and struck out nine, including the side in the ninth, for his fourth career complete game. Cincinnati's run was unearned.
Asdrubal Cabrera hit a three-run homer and Johnny Damon hit a two-run shot in the fifth inning off Bronson Arroyo (3-5). Lonnie Chisenhall added three RBIs for Cleveland.
After losing three straight in Cincinnati last week, the Indians returned the favor on the Reds, who entered the series on a six-game winning streak.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death