BRISTOL, Va. - One local man is heading west, after tornadoes ripped through several Arkansas communities.
Justin Fleenor, an American Red Cross Disaster Action Team Volunteer, left from Bristol, Virginia today, May 1st, for Little Rock, Arkansas to help in disaster relief.
News 5 is told he will be working in the Disaster Technology Function.
Across the Southeast a total of 430 slept in 29 Red Cross tents Tuesday night after a massive storms swept through the area.
- Updated Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire