Red Cross assisting after fire displaces residents
Two people are without a home after a fire in an old hotel which is now being used as apartments.
It happened just before 1:30 Thursday morning at the Old Holiday Lodge on Lee Highway in Abingdon, Virginia.
The Abingdon Fire Department says the fire sparked by an electrical problem in the laundry room on the first floor and extended to the second floor.
The fire department says everyone got out safely and the Red Cross is working to relocate those displaced.
Copyright © 2014 by WCYB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.