Red Cross aids family after Dante house fire
A family in Russell County, Virginia who lost most of their belongings in a fire is getting help from the American Red Cross.
The family was forced out of their home after a fire early yesterday morning on Upper Bear Wallow Road. Firefighters believe a wood stove's ventilation pipe overheated and caused the fire.
The Red Cross is providing the family with financial assistance to help with meals and clothing. They will continue to coordinate recovery assistance.
The family is staying with relatives.
Copyright © 2014 by WCYB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.