UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - An antique sports car crashed in on the Interstate in Unicoi County Saturday afternoon.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol says the car involved is a 1966 Ford GT-40. According to highway patrol officials, the rare sports car crashed just after 2 p.m. Saturday near mile marker 37.
Troopers say car is valued at roughly $150,000.
The owner is from North Carolina. He was not hurt.
The highway patrol says a second crash happened around the same time in the same area while traffic was slowing due to the first crash. Three cars were involved in the second wreck.
Two people were taken to the hospital and one person was cited for failure to exercise due care.
Heavy rain is believed to be a factor in both crashes.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake