Buchanan County, Va. - Some people in Southwest Virginia are getting free health care this weekend.
The Remote Area Medical Clinic is set up in Grundy, Virginia at Riverview Elementary School.
We've learned it's the 11th year RAM has visited Grundy.
RAM provides free health, dental and vision care to people in rural parts of the U.S. and around the world.
Event organizers tell us more than 800 patients were treated Saturday.
Services will continue Sunday. Gates open at 5:30 am.
We're told if you need dental care, it's best to arrive early, becuase by 1:00 or 2:00 spots for dental work are typically filled.
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School