Southwest Va - The relentless rains on Wednesday added to problems with road slides and flooding across Southwest Virginia.
In Lee County, a rock and mud slide from last weekends weather continues to be monitored by the Virginia Department of Transportation.
"The geography of this area lends to some slide problems and issues in our area. We just keep and eye on those areas that especially into the mountainsides and we start seeing some sliding issues," Says V-Dot spokesperson Michelle Earl.
In Wise County and entire shoulder has slid away and the transportation department continues to monitor that one as well.
Until the rain stops and the ground dry up no permanent repairs can be made.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape