Southwest Va - The relentless rains on Wednesday added to problems with road slides and flooding across Southwest Virginia.
In Lee County, a rock and mud slide from last weekends weather continues to be monitored by the Virginia Department of Transportation.
"The geography of this area lends to some slide problems and issues in our area. We just keep and eye on those areas that especially into the mountainsides and we start seeing some sliding issues," Says V-Dot spokesperson Michelle Earl.
In Wise County and entire shoulder has slid away and the transportation department continues to monitor that one as well.
Until the rain stops and the ground dry up no permanent repairs can be made.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project